Friday, March 27, 2009

Theodore Roosevelt


This is Theodore Roosevelt. He has the memento around his neck. Have I mentioned the memento yet? It makes you invincible.

So, Theodore Roosevelt was giving a speech in Milwaukee Wisconsin on October 14, 1912. And then some saloonkeeper decides to shoot him point blank in the chest. And what does Roosevelt do? He says "Bump that, I've got a speech to give." And he gives it. And it's ninety minutes long. And when he goes to the hospital, he tells them to just leave the bullet in there. 

So there's no way Theodore Roosevelt was not secretly invincible, at least for a time in October 1912.

3 comments:

  1. Obviously, he had it.

    This is not what my previous comment was intended to be. I actually thanked you for sharing that little anecdote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please talk more about the memento around Roosevelt's neck. This would make me think about the memento more.

    ReplyDelete